Thursday, March 22, 2012

All Fort Worth My Friends

Hey peers, did you miss me last week. I was on staycation or recovering from 35 Denton whichever you want to call it.


 I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited about some of the stuff coming up this weekend. Sorry Dallas and Denton all the sweet haps are in Fort Worth this week so come on over.


To begin with tonight FWWeekly is presenting their Visionary Awards at Artspace 111. Three local young artists in Art, Theatre, or Film or any other "non- pop music discipline" will be awarded. There will be food from the Reata. Beer and wine and an acoustic set from Telegraph Canyon. Plus seeing who the up and coming talents in Fort Worth sounds interesting to me. The winners are artist Tim Harding and Devon Nowlin and Filmmaker of "St. Nick" David Lowery. This Fort Worth Weekly article shows some of their work. Devon Nowlin is part of the Homecoming Committee avid FWMF fans might remember. Tickets are only 30 for couples or 20 for a lonely person who can't find a person to go with. ( justt kidding)


Oh cool Burning Hotels portrait Devon


On Friday I will be waiting outside Lola's like that lady in the old Macy's commercial, because I can't frigging wait to see Quiet Company, Boom Boom Box and Fate Lions. If you've read my top songs of the year blog you've seen their videos but hey click here and watch em again.


Oh heyyy Quiet Company. So I hear you give away free hugs?



Saturday night is Gallery Night in Fort Worth. There are actually a plethora of small galleries in Fort Worth and they all stay open until 8 or 9 for this event. Most galleries also give out free wine and beer and snackage ( swagggg). It's pretty sweet to see so many local artists too. In fact the first one I attended, Tim Harding's work (the guy I just mentioned received the visionary award) was up at Gallery 76102. . The Fort Worth Community Arts Center and Artspace 111 are usually the most popular and present the largest number of artists. Galleries such as Brand 10, Gallery 76102, TCU Contemporary Arts Gallery, and William Campbell Contemporary Art show some of the most up and coming artists in the area. The other bonus is that all the galleries are predominantly located in the Cultural Arts District and Downtown so it's not difficult to visit several. Last word on that (and like I always say). Free Wine!

At Lola's the much buzzed about ( wait is that how you say that? band with the buzz, no. buzzworthy band? AW hell you know what I mean) Nervous Curtains is opening for Pinkish Black. 

So get out there peoples!!!! P.S. I'm pretty sure I forgot a bunch of stuff this week so go like my page on facebook for more updates

No comments:

Post a Comment