Thursday, November 3, 2011

This week in Haps Nov. 3/5th and that's about it

You Guys, It is taking me a lot of motivation to write this post because I am particularly depressed about not going to funfunfunfest. Leee sigh. Well anyway I''ll get over it. let's get back to what we can do if we don't go to there. 

I think everything interesting this week is happening Thursday and Saturday and that's it. Weird right?

Air Review and Doug Burr are doing an acoustic set which should be awesome. It's at 7:30 at Episcopal Church of the Incarnation 3966 McKinney Avenue
Tonight the two bands I mentioned liking the most at the Dallas Observer Music Awards, Soviet and Sealion, are playing together in Dallas at Canton Co-op. (I didn't even know they had anything on Canton since Deep Ellum Live, crazy) They are asking for a $3 donation and it's all ages ( which can be a positive or negative to you).

Ra Ra Riot is playing the Granada tonight. Honestly you should just follow the Granada and sign up for their newsletter because they have some of the best touring acts come through IJS.

I have no idea what's going on Friday. Like I said I'm depressed let's move on.

Saturday is jam packed with haps.

During the day you should come to my hood in Fort Worth and check out the Doc Records moving sale. Doc Records is one of the few record stores in Fort Worth and it's located on Montgomery, but it's moving to Camp Bowie so he is selling a ton of stuff for super cheap. So check it out.

The Moon is also moving to Camp Bowie ( I would say the two moves are connected but Doc's is wayyyy further down on Camp Bowie) and will be near the Ridglea which will be so AWESOME for me because I live closer to the Ridglea than Berry. Woo Hoo. So Saturday is their big blast off party. I went by there on Tuesday and was packed with some local who's who's so I'm assuming the same might happen Saturday.

500x's next exhibit called GOLDEN: Mathew Clark and VARIATIONS ON A THEME: Bruce Monroe, opening shindig is Saturday at 7. I've seen some of Matthew Clark's other work and it is amazing so I'm excited about it. 500x is right off of Exposition so if you drive by this weekend you should check it out for sure. ( OR go to the opening night for freee wine hellooo)
Here's an example of Matthew Clark's work. I mean seriously how cool is this?


All Right kids that's all I got for this week. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment