Friday, November 18, 2011

Blargh Nov 18-20

Hey all so I'm feeling particularly lazy this week  so I'm just going to give you a quick rundown


Tonight / Friday

In Dallas Japanese Punk band Melt Banana is playing at The Prophet Bar- I lurve them.

Or you can go to Sons of Herman Hall to see the reunion of [daryl]. They were pretty sweet standard Alt Rock band back in the day around 2001 I think( this old lady brain of mind doesn't always remember dates).Ok, this isn't their video but hey this movie was rad.


If I go out though I'm probably going to bar hop the lower 7th: Skeleton Coast and Goodwin at Wild Rooster, Taylor Craig Mills and Co. at The Grotto,  and Calhoun at Lola's.

Saturday is another sweet reunion show of Alt Country band Woodeye at Lola's . Here's the FW Weekly write up (it's significantly better than my post this week). I don't know what's up with all these reunion shows lately but I like it. I guess you can chalk it up to a renewed interest in the local scene. I love it though because I can say hey go see the see people who set up a precedent for the peeps who are popular today to anyone who wasn't around for the first time music was big here. ( I only witnesses the end of it but I was there. One of these days Ima give you guys an entry all about that)
 
That's all I got today people I ate a lot of turkey and deviled eggs at my works pot luck so I'm spent.

1 comment: