Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This week in happenings Oct. 20-23



Hey hey hey. SO this week is chock full of sweeet haps.

Almost every Thursday this month I've gone to  Central Market Fort Worth for their live music on the patio. This week  is unfortunately the last week :(. Josh Weathers and the True Endeavors is playing who I have never actually seen but know some pretty die hard fans of. My fave thing about this event is I can bring my kidlets and they can play on the playground while I watch/listen to the band (I have to keep one eye on my son always). Also they have 2.50 Blue Moon (mmm) or you just go inside and buy some other form of beverage. Show is usually from 6 to 9pm.

Also on Thursday you should go downtown to  8.0's The Burning Hotels are playing with Air Review. BTW The Burning Hotels just won a Dallas Observer Music Award for best Indie Act what what. I freaking love this band. I have listened to their new album about a bazillion times ( I am also a big fan of hyperbole) The times I have seen them they put  on a really kickass show. Air Review was nominated in the Dallas Observer Music awards for best song and Indie Act. This is the song so take a listen. Show starts at 7pm.

If you have  50 bucks and a day off this weekend to go to Austin I highly suggest going ahead and getting tickets to FunFunFunFest which is on Nov. 4,5,and 6. So many awesome music acts I can't even stand it such as: Spoon, Lykke Li, Blonde Redhead, Murder City Devils, Henry Rollins, Mates of State. Argh, I don't want to talk about it anymore whatevers.

Ok that's all of my suggestions for the day.  But stay tuned

For a closing gift here is a video where you see me waving my arm around and hear my friend calling me a groupie when The Burning Hotels played last week at the DOMAXXIII showcase.




Special thanks to @rideincircles for the video. Permanent thanks to @schatiekech @HMdestroyer and @jjfan for the name #FWMF

No comments:

Post a Comment