Thursday, October 27, 2011

HALLOWEEN!! October 28-31

OMG OMG OMG It's almost Halloween weekend! 4 out 4 of Shastinalynn's household members proclaim this as their favorite holiday. It makes me want to do this

  

There are so many thing s going on it's ridiculous. Just pick your favorite place to go and there will most likely be some sort of Halloween celebration going on. There are also several non Halloween oriented events. To be clear I am not trying to do an all inclusive list I'm just telling you if I had the time what I would want to do the most.

Seriously, I'm just going to use bullet points
  • Thursday: I know you are all probably watching the World Series but before that you can go check out Seryn for free at AT&T Performing Arts Center in Dallas at 5:30. Expect give aways for the upcoming shows like:Explosions in the Sky, Mates of State and Ra Ra Ra Riot. If you haven't heard of them they are currently one of the most popular DFW bands.I think my friends are pretty evenly split on if they like them but I dig them. If you ever listen to KXT you've probably heard this song .
  • Friday in Dallas there is this cool light show thing. I really don't know how to explain it but check it out it's at 7:30. Aurora Dallas.
  • Also Explosions in the Sky is playing with Burning Hotels opening. I'm thinking it's gonna be awesome.  (look at me if you want to go)
  • Friday @ the Where House the Red 100's, Hannah Barbarians, and Whiskey Folk Ramblers. 's and cover is only 10 bucks if you're in costume. I think they are also making the place into a Haunted House (Spooooky)
  • Also Friday at the Moon Secret Ghost Champion CD Release Party with My Wooden Leg, Igneous Grimm, and Skeleton Coast. The Fort Worth Weekly just did a write up on their CD.
Painting I did of my buddies Tressa and Gigi

  • Saturday there are two Dia De Los Muertos Celebrations. In Denton and in Fort Worth at Rose Marine Theatre. Rose Marine theater is having a parade, face paintings, music and pan de muerto starting at 7pm. My homegirl Diana Fonner told me all about the celebration in Denton so Ima just copy and paste what she said which she might have also copy and pasted but whatev "11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Oct. 29 — Denton’s Day of the Dead, a street carnival for the whole family, on Industrial Street in downtown Denton. With performances of Cirque du Horror, an All Hallow’s Eve vaudeville fantasia in music, dance and theater, at 6 and 9 p.m. Free. Come in costume. Visit www.cirqueduhorror.com ." 

  • Saturday night if I get off in time I'm off to Nightmare on 6th street at Lola's  with My Wooden Leg, and an Oingo Boingo cover band called The Elf-men (Get it Elf men like Danny Elfman wocka wocka) led by Carey Wolff. Costume contest with prizes.


Skate park in Fairmount. Photo courtesy of Keri Worthen
  • Last Sunday  Southside participated in the first open streets car free festival in Fort Worth. Part of the street was blocked  off to allow people to walk freely through the neighborhood without the threat of getting run over. (Woot for not getting run over.) There was a skateboard demonstration (hubba hubba amirite)  And local vendors etc.  So there will be another one this Sunday except this time near Rahr Brewery.

  • Sunday in The Dallas Arts District you can go be in a Zombie Walk, see a group preforming "Thriller", and watch "Night of the Living Dead" at AT&T PAC. ( Can I get some kind of discount on my bill for all the AT&T love I'm spreading this week because God knows I could use it). Info be here
  • I don't have any tips on sweet plans for Halloween day because I usually get my Trick or Treating action on over by Lily B. Clayton so if you have a kiddo you should take them to that hood: it's where the choice candy is for realsies. Also people in the neighborhood are usually partying in their yards and even watching movies so it's fun. Maybe that's where they should have done the second open streets festival?
OK kiddos that's all I have the DL on this week. Of course tomorrow I will probably find out about like twenty more thing so just follow me on Twitter @shastinalynn for any updates and obnoxious stories about my kids that I'm sure only I think are funny. Go have an epic Halloween weekend for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment