Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Magic and Irish people? It's like Brigadoon oh wait that's Scottish. Well they are welcome as well 2/29- 3/2

Ok peers so there's a couple of fun thing the next couple of days and then I still have to find info for the rest of the week.

Tonight at Renfield's Corner Dallas band Smile Smile is playing for free. They gained some notoriety recently when their totes adorbs song Tempo Bledsoe played in a Valentine's Day Reese's commercial.

I mean seriously look at this video



Or in Fort Worth The Wherehouse is presenting the Marvelous Magical Leap Year Show including a dance performance, magic by Ash Adams (or as I call him that guy I run into everywhere I go), and a couple of bands including the Hannah Barbarians. You may remember that Ash was on the cover of FW Weekly recently with an article about magic in the Fort ( well if not you can read it here) . Let me just re-post the quote from the fb invite to lure you there because it is pretty awesome

 "You Cannot Miss This!... Unless you enjoy missing things and feeling sad for not having chose to be somewhere great missing really very important and incredible moments in time."

So yea

Starting Friday you can go to the North Texas Irish Festival because who doesn't like getting drunk with a bunch of redheads. Ok actually I'm part Irish and don't have red hair at all but isn't everyone of European origin partially Irish which is even more reason why you should go. I'm guessing there will be kilts which you can either call a pro or con. Scots are welcome so woo hoo my title makes sense now. 

OMG please tell me if this happens at the festival

Speaking of Irish you can go see  you can go see Alec Baldwin at Winspear Opera House on Friday. It's only 20 bucks to see hear him tell stories about his career. BTW I wrote that speaking of thing and then thought "wait is he actually Irish or am I just assuming because of the whole Jack Donaghy thing" but turns out his daughter is named Ireland so there ya go. I win twice.

Oh young Alec Baldwin why you so hot

If I go out on Friday I'm probably staying in Fort Worth and doing the west 7th club hop to see Sunward at the Grotto or local pop punk favorite Perdition and Here Holy Spain at Lola's. 

B T Dub Perdition has a new video coming out and here's the teaser



Ok people I love ya and I will find out what else is going down this weekend and send you a second edition. If you're lucky - dun dun dunnnnn

No comments:

Post a Comment