Friday, February 10, 2012

It's tha mother flippin weekend yo- or something- February 10-12

Hey peers what's up.


So last week I totally slacked and didn't post but I'm sure you somehow managed to go on with your life (just barely though right?). The main thing I wanted to mention was that Dallas Contemporary hosted a series of Shepard Fairey murals throughout Dallas. Here is the map etc. of the layout. So check em out.



This weekend the exhibit at The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth opens and I LOOVVVVE it. It's called Glenn Ligon: America and I think it may be my most favorite exhibit we've had since I started working here.
Of course I don't know why I always feel the need to label things as my favorite all of the time. I almost feel childish when I do that as if I have to prove I took enough interest to have a favorite, but I digress.



Also at the Modern this weekend, all the Oscar nominated shorts are playing (animated and live action but not documentary). They usually only play here or the Magnolia in Dallas so come check em out. I'm pretty sure all of the animated ones are kid friendly if you baby having peoples want to come ( baby as in you had a baby at one time who is now a child, not if your baby is still a baby because bringing babies to movies is kind of odd IMHO). Check the showtimes here. I am most excited about this one.



If you follow me on twitter or facebook you might know I'm seriously obsessed with the Oscars and I'm trying To see every nominated movie before the awards. I decided to stop torturing my twitter followers with constant getglue and four square updates so I will post an entry later about what I've seen and my Oscar predictions. So, stay tuned for that.

This week as far as shows is pretty rad.


Tonight Dove Hunter is playing at Lola's. Dove Hunter doesn't play super often so definitely come check them out.
Doesn't this picture make you want to rush to the show


Or check out My Wooden Leg and Igneous Grimm at the Cellar. If you haven't seen My Wooden Leg they are like Fort Worth's Gogol Bordello.

In Dallas frigging Thurston Moore is playing a Texas Theatre. Like, whoa! There will be a pre party in the lobby before (hence the term pre party).


On Saturday in Fort Worth you should check out the show at The Wherehouse: Doom Ghost, Fungi Girls, Mike Haskins Experience, and Stoogeaphilia. I totally dig Fungi Girls, They actually sort of sound like the Stooges so it's funny that they are opening for a Stooges cover band.

The biggest thing going on this weekend is the Central Track launch party at Granada Theatre followed by an after party at Sundown. At Granada Mystery Skulls followed by Wild Moccasins and the awesomeness of The Octopus Project and then at Sundown DJ Fisher Pryce and A.Dd+ If you don't know what Central Track is then check this out.


 Check out this sweet The Octopus Project video



Speaking of new websites if you want to find out about shows going down in Fort Worth you should also check out fortlive.com where all the venues in Fort Worth and who is playing there are listed.


ok see yous soon. Here's a parting gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment