Friday, September 7, 2012

A bunch of stuff and a mini rant about Zooey 9/7-9/10

Heyyyyyyyyy!! There's like ya know some stuff going on this weekend.  Also, did you guys miss me because I missed you. So here are some of my top picks for the weekend. Well by weekend I mean mostly Saturday because there are a million things to do on Saturday. Like all the things.

But if you need somewhere to go on Friday I would say in Fort Worth head to Lola's for what I think they dubbed and "All a billy" line up with: The Paychecks, Convoy and the Cattlemen and Two Tons of Steel. It's a countrified but rockin line up.

In Dallas Texas Theatre is screening Annie Hall and there is an Annie Hall Look a like contest, but more importantly Safety Not Gauranteed is playing right before at 7. It stars Aubrey Plaza which Parks and Recreation fans might get stoked about. I just want to see it because I get to see that cute guy from The New Girl without having to see Zooey Deschanel (Sorry Zooey. I used to love you but watching New Girl followed by the Cotton commercial followed by the Siri commercial just pushed me over the edge. Also, YOU KNOW IT'S FUCKING RAINING!!!). But seriously watch this preview it looks pretty flipping good.


And then there is Saturday. Holy Crap.

Start the day off with Untapped fest. Something about a bunch a fancy beers but most importantly a grip of great bands are playing: Birds of Night, Blackstone Rangers, Burning Hotels, (all the bands that begin with B) J Charles and the Train Robbers, Zhora, The Antlers and Givers. and it's only like 20 bucks. Plus it starts at noon so there's time to go elsewhere.

If you'd rather stay in Fort Worth, Fall Gallery Night is upon us. This is one of my fave events because ( and I know I've talked about it before) all the galleries are open and there is usually free beer or wine and sometimes grub. It's the best. My two fave galleries are Brand 10 and the Fort Worth Contemporary Arts. I saw the Contemporary exhibit a couple of weeks ago and it is pretty amazing. Make sure and check out the red telephone in front of the building. Most galleries are open from 2 to 9.

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti is playing The Granada Theater which is kind of a big deal because there's been quite a buzz about his album Mature Themes. I think he sounds like Ween if the lead singer was the lead for the Greenskeepers ( the "It puts the lotion on it's skin" song dudes) which is fine by me.

Popular twitterer Rob Delaney is doing stand up at Sons of Herman Hall as part of Parade of Flesh's foray into booking comedy acts.

Twitter peeps will probably recognize this pic.

Meanwhile the Wherehouse is trying to lure Bill Murray in with that whole Bill Murray can crash here thing which is probably a bunch of malarchy but it's still a rad lineup with or without him: Oil Boom, Fungi Girls,and the Longshots and a bunch of other bands.


Phew that's a lot to choose from for Saturday and the weekend isn't even over.

Sunday Fort Worth shows it true community feel with a big event for Zac Ford who you may or may not know was struck by a car while biking recently. Zio Carlo's is hosting this event to raise awareness and fundage for Zac's medical bills. It all starts at 10:30 with breakfast then a big Bike ride at 11:30. Starting at one The Matthew Show, Foxtrot Uniform, and My Wooden Leg play. Btw I saw Foxtrot Uniform last night and they are pretty rad and they just released a new CD.

Which brings us to Monday when flipping Hall and Oates are here!!! Well in Allen ( you know because of the thriving Allen music scene???). I feel like I've previously posted so many Hall and Oates videos I just don't know which one to pick.



Ok I went with that one and it reminded me of 500 days of Summer and now I'm all mad again so Ima go write an essay about the downfall of my love for Zooey Deschanel. A therapeutic writing session if you will. Or one on the significance of Bill Murray to my generation. Either way have fun this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment