Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Favorite Song of All Time Right Now 8/21

Well apparently posting local bands as my song of the week is my new mo which actually kind of fits so we'll see if I can keep that up.

It's tempting to just post another Oil Boom song as my song of the week since I feel like my girlfriends and I spent most of this week singing "Anywhere I go anywhere I go anywhere I go". I did start listening to this band via an Oil Boom tweet though so there's still a connection. They also come from a similar vein of retro rock.

Denton band The Birds of Night  came out with an album at the beginning of the summer and I just started listening to it. The song "Shave Me" is one of my faves, but "Love You on The Weekend" keeps calling me in the middle of the night and forcing me to listen 20 times. I love when the song breaks cray on "Baby can't you hear me screaming". Check the song out here or on my spotify playlist.

You can see them play at Spune's Untapped Fest with a grip of other sweet bands September 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment