Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Return of Song of the Week 8/7/12

Heyyyy. Song of the week has finally returned BECAUSE OMG I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!!! Local dudes Oil Boom released their new record on July 31st, Gold Yeller, and I think I've listened to it about 20 times. "The Great American Shakedown" especially gets stuck in your head for hours but my true favorite is "This Girl's Man". It's a perfect mix if lasciviousness and romance. I can't helping loving a rock song about a guy's crush that includes the line "But I'd be satisfied just to hold her hand." I mean come onnn. Swoon!

So listen to it here and also download the album. Or go see them for their CD release party this Saturday at Magnolia Motor Lounge and buy the CD there. As usual, here is my updated Spotify playlist of all my favorite song blog posts from this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment