Thursday, April 5, 2012

Events I'm Stoked About This Weekend and One Creepy Corndog 4/5-4/8

Ohhh this week is going to be fun guys.

Tonight in Fort Worth you should go to Lola's for The Synaptic Presents: with Vatican Press, Bits of Kids, and The Small Gods. He does these shows about once a month and at Lola's they are always only 5 bucks for over 21. The shows are usually new bands and so it's a great cheap way to see/support new local acts. You should also make a habit of checking out The Synaptic's blog.

Meanwhile in Dallas tonight there are three big events, but it's all rolled into one with the East Dallas Indie Crawl. They're starting off at AT&T Performance center where Patio Sessions are starting up again ( hoorayyy it's free outdoor concert time again) with Calhoun and Madison King. Then off to the Granada where one of my fave Dallas bands, Soviet, opens for White Denim. Close out the night (or go home and PTFO! I mean my God it's a Thursday. I drink my fair share of the alcohols and I can't even drink for that long) with  A.Dd+ and DJ Sober at Beauty Bar.

Then It's FRIDAYYYY! OMG OMG HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE- Freaking Quiet Company and Burning Hotels are playing TOGETHER at Club Dada in Dallas. This is how I feel when I think about how hard this show will rock.

 I would assume you know about my Burning Hotels love. If this happens to be your first time reading my blog: They are my favorite Fort Worth band. Also,The Quiet Company show I went to last month was Effing Awesome, and I'm not just saying that bc I want more Taylor Muse hugs.  AND Smile, Smile is opening AND Analog Rebellion. So, if you can't tell already you will see me there.
Semi Decent pic  I took at the Lola's show
Starting Friday and going through Sunday is the Deep Ellum Arts Festival. There is so much ish going down this weekend to cut down on your reading I'm just going to say ART! MUSIC! FOOD! CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE!! ( watch out for that weird corndog pic though)

On Saturday Tosh.0 is playing at Verizon Theatre at 7 and 10. His stand up isn't quite as hilarious as his show but I bet it will still be funny enough. The main reason I'm even mentioning the show though is that Kyle Kinane is opening and he's my boyfriend. (ok he doesn't know it and neither does my husband but yea) Although I'm pretty sure in real life he is way short because Conan O'Brian towered over him on his show but doesn't Conan O'Brian tower over everyone. Well I digress. He's still my favorite. Here's a clip. 

Also he's not in Cake and he's wearing a bucket hat, but Hey Love is blind y'all.


On the opposite side of the societal spectrum you can get your artsy fartsy drink on on with two awesome openings.

In Dallas 500X Gallery is exploding with exhibits.  The most important one to me though is Saucerful of Sorry with Tiffany Wolf and Kerry Paccillio. I was very involved in one of the pieces. I'll just say that. Also, I've been assured the opening night will be quite the experience. This is probably the biggest bang for your buck ( although it's free so it's the biggest bang for your time??) Because there are three other shows going on including a performance piece.The opening event is from 7-10. The Gallery is open every weekend for the rest of the month if you don't have time to check it out this Saturday.



In Fort Worth the popular artist Chrisopher Blay/ Thrift Art/ Frank Artsmarter/ part of the Homecoming Commitee ( he's basicallly the Kool Keith of the Fort Worth Art scene) is bringing his Thrift Art Auction to William Campbell Contemporary. This is the 12th year in a row of the event and it sounds like quite the spectacle. Oh and Dove Hunter is playing! ( well the invite says a band that rhymes with Glove Punter so) There's is an extensive write up in FWWeekly about him so check that out.  

Two sweet shows in Dallas on Saturday: The always entertaining Ishi at Trees and Bravo Max! and Cleanup at Double Wide.
And I took these pics of Cleanup at the Grotto. 
Phones be so magical. 

I've listed so many events already that I really don't think there's room for more but I try to retweet and repost stuff on my Facebook page and on Twitter so go like my page. I'm begging!

This is how Xzibit feels about you not liking  FWMF w/ Shastinalynn's facebook page yet


LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment