Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Favorite Songs of All Time Right Now- End of year round up.

Well I haven't posted in forever but all the end of the year lists came out and I decided I really needed to at least add a few of my favorite songs from the last few months and that I missed in the year overall to finish out my 2012 playlist. Also, I noticed some of my favorite songs are not on those lists. Like the same band will be on the list but not my favorite songs. So, I guess you could say I really like most bands other best song.

Father John Misty- "Nancy From Now On" and "I'm Writing a Novel"

Good lord. I love this man. It was actually probably months ago I started listening to him after a friend made me watch his performance on David Letterman which is fantastic.

I love probably every song on his album. I could seriously add six songs to my playlist but I'll narrow it down to two. "I'm Writing a Novel" and "Nancy From Now On" are the ones that stuck in my head the most. Especially the "ooooooo" from Nancy from now on.





Skeleton Coast- "Rupees"

This was my favorite song when I saw them play live and then they recorded an album and now it's my favorite song on the album so yay. I just read that they are playing SXSW this year. So excited for those dudes.


Kendrick Lamar- "Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst"

Obviously everyone loves "Swimming Pools" but this is the song that made me go back and listen to the other songs more closely.


Kevin Aldridge- "Aimless & Alright"

I just love this song.


Django Django- "Default"

Ok so this song is the only "hit" that I'm including, but I listened to it over and over for most of November.


This video on the other hand is not that great.

Side note: the video reminded me of the J Geils Band "Freeze Frame" video for some reason (The paint maybe?) so I went and watched that video. Oh man, Videos in the 80's were weird. So, here's some perspective for you. I remember thinking this was the coolest video when I was a kid.


Here is my years worth of  favorite songs of all time playlist. This year when I start over maybe all the songs will actually be from this year. I hope that some of you at least heard some stuff you had not heard before, but either way I have a playlist of all of my favorite songs. Thanks for checking me out and I will be back to updating regularly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment